Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My pedometer

My new pedometer arrived last week. THIS time I will stick to 10,000+ steps a day. I have added incentive as the nurse told me I needed to shift a stone – though she did have the good grace to say she didn’t think I looked like someone with a stone to lose – she was about 6 stone nothing so everyone must look enormous to her.

She then went on to explain that I should cut out chips – STOP! I don’t eat chips and I know all the theory – I’ve been doing this losing weight thing for years. I eat 7 portions of fruit and veg. a day, porridge with blueberries for breakfast and all my other whole-grains and, apart from the odd flake, I can take or leave chocolate. Now red wine, real french bread dipped into artichokes marinated in extra virgin olive oil, homemade pasta with tomato sauce and parmesan – that’s where the problem lies.

So the only way I’m going to do this is by doing more exercise. I’ve been doing some calculations; cooking breakfast for 1 set of guests – 1000 steps – add 700 for 2 sets of guests, playing ball in the paddock with the dogs for 10 minutes – 1000 steps. Walking round the island in the kitchen 10 times – 100 steps ( got a very loud sigh from Rob when he caught me doing that ). Sitting at PC writing 0 steps….I’m off

No comments: